2012-03-09

Lines written during the period of half-asleep
I salute you, our sleepless nights. I salute you, big moon, you orange face in the formless sky, you muse of insomniacs and dreamers. I salute you, dreams and frustrations and unfulfilled hopes and sad life stories. I salute you, empty fridge and empty bed. I salute you, meaningless talks and time-wasting entertainments. I salute you, cancelled plans, used plane tickets, missed trams and buses, cold winter coats and angry dogs. I salute you, fresh skin, light cotton, summer sunglasses and cocktail straws. I salute you, moving boxes and dirt and broken suitcases. I salute you, missed phone calls, unsent text messages and wrong addresses. I salute you, broken hearts and missed chances. I salute you, my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment